Did you listen to the first episode of the Sacred Ordinary Days podcast last week?
After last week’s introductory episode, we’re ready to dig in. This week we’re starting right where we are with the season of Advent—the first season of the liturgical year—and are sharing favorite themes and practices as we embrace the invitations of the current liturgical season and prepare for Christmas, the season to come.
Listen/download below or through iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and catch up on past episodes here. And if you like what you hear, would you mind sharing it on social media and leaving a review? It helps spread the word! Here’s how to leave a review on iTunes.
- To Dance with God
- Living the Christian Year
- Common Prayer for Ordinary Radicals (note: apparently the Common Prayer app is no longer available—sorry—but you can also easily access the daily readings and music on the Common Prayer website)
- Revised Common Lectionary
- Book of Common Prayer
- Preparing for Christmas
- God with Us
- Circle of Grace: A Book of Blessings for the Seasons
- Still Forming Advent Meditations Facebook group facilitated by Christianne Squires of stillforming.com
- Sacred Ordinary Days Workbook (free when you sign up here)
How has practicing Advent impacted your spiritual journey and the way you celebrate Christmas? What Advent traditions do you have in your family? Maybe using the categories of Spirit, Body, Mind, Relationships, Home, and Work from the workbook might be helpful as you begin to think about how to embody this season. We’d love to hear what you come up with!
Share your response in the Facebook group or on social media using the hashtag #sacredordinarydays.
PS: Tomorrow is the last day to order my Sacred Seasons liturgical wall calendar before Christmas! All orders made after 3pm PT on Thursday, December 17 will be fulfilled after December 28. Visit the Journey Shop »