The Season of Easter is about celebrating Life.
It’s about the new life that Christ brings, yes. But it’s also about celebrating the little things that bring us life each day because they, too, lead us to Life. These glimpses of the Sacred can teach us about the Divine each day if we are open to the invitation and learn to pay holy attention.
You can mark the abundance of the Easter season by choosing to celebrate Life every day, transforming what often seems ordinary or goes unnoticed into a spiritual practice.
Here are 25 ways to celebrate Life this Easter season:
1. Sit outside in the sun.
2. Plant something that will provide nourishment in the season ahead.
3. Add some color to your living spaces.
4. Go on daily walks, noticing how spring (or autumn, for those Down Under) continues to unfold each day.
5. Buy fresh flowers—just because!
6. Keep a gratitude journal.
7. Set aside time each day to pursue an activity that brings you life.
8. Practice saying “no” to things that drain you.
9. Share a meal with good friends.
10. Catch up with an old friend with whom you’ve lost touch.
11. Practice examen at the end of each day, noticing what brings life and what takes it away.
12. Feed the birds.
13. Talk to your children about what’s bringing them life and then join them in their play.
14. Make a playlist of songs that bring you joy.
15. Practice sabbath, devoting an entire day each week to the celebration of life.
16. Collect images that stir your soul on a vision board.
17. Eat dessert first!
18. Find creative ways to liven up your daily tasks.
19. Give to an organization that is bringing life to others.
20. Keep a bottle of champagne on hand to raise a toast at a moment’s notice.
21. Cuddle with your pet.
22. Check something off of your bucket list.
23. Write down a list of things that bring you life for when you need a boost.
24. Take a day off work to instead go slowly and savor.
25. Share with someone the areas in which you see them come to life—we all need reminders!
What’s bringing you Life in this season? What would you add to the list?